This year, more than ever, we have a heightened sense of responsibility for those around us as we try and prevent the spread of coronavirus. However, social responsiblity doesn’t start and end with contagious diseases. There are many aspects of our life where our actions can have a direct negative impact on our neighbours – and this includes our approach to gas safety.
As part of Gas Safety Week 2020, the Gas Safe Register has released a hard-hitting video to raise awareness to gas safety and how neglecting to take action can have a devastating impact on your home, your family and your neighbours. You can watch the video below.
It’s important to have your gas appliances checked annually by a Gas Safe engineer. This allows for faults to be detected early before they develop into something more serious.
If you smell gas, act fast:
- Report it to the national gas emergency line, immediately on 0800 111 999.
- If you can, and are comfortable doing so, turn off the gas emergency control valve on the meter.
- Open your windows and doors to ventilate the home and prevent a gas build up.
- Avoid turning on any electrical switches incase it ignites escaped gas.
- If you feel unwell, seek medical help immediately.
Have you had your gas appliances checked recently? Get in touch to get booked in.
Our supply, survey and installation service covers the following areas:
Bournemouth Winton Moordown Charminster Northbourne Boscombe Poole Broadstone Canford Heath Canford Cliffs Corfe Mullen Parkstone Christchurch Southbourne New Milton Wimborne Ferndown Verwood Ringwood West Moors Branksome Queens Park Wareham Swanage Dorchester Blandford Salisbury Shaftesbury Sturminster Newton